Monday, August 13, 2012

NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup

I was looking for a new foundation a while back and came across the NYC. line in my local drugstore. I have tried their nail polish and mascara and have always liked what I have used, so I decided to try the foundation.
The NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup comes in a round bottle, so it is more sanitary than other products out there. I really like the packaging, but the product is a little thick so it was hard to get out at first. I shook the bottle well, tapped on the bottle, and did several other things as I tried to get the product out of the bottle. After a couple of uses it was easier to get out and after a couple weeks of use, I have yet to have another problem.
This foundation contains vitamins A and E and is said to be a "Lightweight, blendable formula for buildable, flawless coverage". I have found this to be true. It is a great foundation for the summer because it doesn't feel heavy on my face. It is also easy to blend without being too oily or too watery.
The coloring of this product is great. Since there are not samples in my local stores, I had to eye-ball it. The color in the bottle is very similar to what it will look like out of the bottle. It looks very natural on my skin.
One thing I have found is that NYC Smooth Skin Liquid Makeup does not give wonderful coverage and it can be a little drying. If you are breaking out a little, you will need to use a good concealer to get rid of redness. I have found this product to be great to create the appearance smoother skin, though. After using it for several weeks, my face did not look as healthy, so make sure you use a good moisturizer.
It looks like the bottle will last me a long time. I was a little skeptical of the staying power and the coverage because of the price, but this is one of my new favorite foundations. I have pretty sensitive skin, and this product has worked really well for me over the past few weeks. It lasts all day and covers my face nicely. 
Overall, I like this foundation. It's not too oily, it's not too obvious you are wearing foundation, and it lasts a long time. This product retails for around $3, but the price says nothing about the quality of this product. There are only six available shades, according to NYC's website, but if you can find a shade that works for you, I would recommend trying it if you are on a budget or want to try something different. However, if you break out easily or need heavy coverage, I would try something else first.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this company nor am I being paid to review the products mentioned.  I purchased this product with my own money and this is my own, honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment